Thursday, January 8, 2009

My Brother, My Friend . . .



My big brother,Brian Gamble Smith, passed away December 24, 2008. He was not only my brother but one of my best friends. I love him very much and will miss him deeply. It is hard to think that I won't hear his voice or see his big smile anymore in this life. He taught me so much that I will continue to use throughout my life. He also gave me an amazing sister-in-law, four wonderful nephews, and one beautiful niece that I will cherish forever! I hope he finds the peace he so desperately needed and I know the Savior will take care of him until we meet again. Until that day--I love you, Brian, my brother, my friend, and my hero!

3 comments:

Eric and Tracey said...

I'm sorry to hear that! I hope you and your family all recieve the comfort you need.

Helen said...

Laradene, our hearts are with you guys. My daughter got baptized at the same time as the funeral, or we would have been there. We love Brian, and remember what an awesome guy he was. Hope you don't mind me nosing around your blog. I loved the pics you posted of him. I have a great one of him with nylons over his head/face! :-) Please let us know if there is anything we can do... Helen Harmon Jenkins

Jeanette said...

Sorry about your loss. I hope that you can find the peace and comfort that you need at this time.