Friday, August 26, 2011

First Day of School





This year Gabe is going into 7th grade (Junior High), Raygen is going into 4th grade (Mrs. Purser), and Ridge starts Kindergarten (Mrs. Wade). The summer went by way too fast, but the kids are excited to get started on a new year. We missed the bus the first day, but made it on the second day. Gabe so far really likes all his teachers. He has been running with the Cross Country team and is getting in good shape. Raygen loves her teacher (who is also in our ward) and is still the social butterfly she has always been. She is excited to start orchestra this year and is planning on learning the violin. Ridge wasn't even nervous on his first day. I had to make him come back and give me a hug and a kiss before he went into class. It has been so weird to have my baby start school. I am so glad that we opted for the half day schedule. It might give Mom a little more time to adjust to the idea of not having babies at home anymore.

2 comments:

Lindsey Smith said...

Oh my goodness. They all look so cute. I can't believe how grown up Ridge looks. It is awesome that Raygen was able to go with him. That probably helped ease some of his fears as well.
How are you holding up cute Momma? No kiddos at home? That is going to be quite the adjustment... but you still have a house full of preschoolers to keep you busy, right? We love you guys. Tell the kiddos hi.

Kyle and Lacey said...

Ahh, I LOVED these pics! My favorite is the one of Raygen holding Ridge's hand while they walk toward school. What a good sister looking out for her kid brother! Ridge is looking so TALL! Man, it's been almost a year since we have seen you guys--pitiful! These pics made us miss you guys even more. I'm glad they are all happy about school, and I hope the mama can adjust well, too! :)