Thursday, May 7, 2009

Just a Reminder. . .


The past few weeks my counter tops have been full of cups of dandelions and various other "flowers" that Ridge has so proudly brought me. Today after mowing the lawn I guess dandelions were a little scarce so he started bringing me the flowers that are planted on purpose. Though I am ashamed to admit it, I cussed him for picking mom's flowers and told him to leave them in the flower beds. His cute little face dropped and his eyes filled up with tears as he said, "I'm sorry mom, I just love you." As I watched his tiny body walk away the thought entered my mind that in a year or two, the little cups of flowers will no longer sit on an already cluttered cabinet. I know that all too soon I will miss that small face looking up at me full of pride as he hands me a handful of lovingly selected weeds, hugs me and says, "These are for you, Mom!" So I have decided to enjoy each and every flower brought to me, regardless of where it came from. Because while my flowers will grow back year after year, my cute little boy will only grow up.

1 comment:

KC & Candice Carden said...

Wow...isn't is amazing what little kids can teach ya? I know you are a great mom! Hope to see you soon!