Tuesday, December 27, 2011

RIP "Lint"

After 9 adventure filled years, my Sugarglider, Lint, has passed on. Mom bought her for me in Salt Lake City one year for my birthday. The people who sold her to us told us that she would love us and be a friendly pet. They were wrong. She never bonded with me, even though I held her constantly for the first 2 months. I did everything they told me to do: I kept her in a pouch under my shirt all day so she would get use to my smell, I fed her, I talked to her so she would know my voice. . .yeah, it didn't work. Finally I gave up and left her alone. I guess I got sick of being bitten hard enough to draw blood. She was so cute, I couldn't make myself get rid of her, so we kept her. I always felt so sorry for her. She must have been so lonely. Sugargliders usually live in family groups. She would let me pet her back and tail but didn't like to be picked up. She was so soft and was a lot of fun to watch. The kids loved showing her to their friends. She was a fun little pet and we will miss her.

3 comments:

Kyle and Lacey said...

Oh I'm sorry about poor Lint! She has been part of the family for longer than Kyle! I'm sure you will miss her.

Lindsey Smith said...

For some reason Lacey's comment was hilarious to me!!!! Sorry about Lint. She was a cute pet. How did the kids take it?

Tyson and Laradene said...

They were sad but not too upset. It would have been a whole different story if she didn't try to take a finger off every time you got near her.