Sunday, January 22, 2012

13?!!

Here we go. It is hard to believe (or accept) that my first born child is a teenager. Where has all the time gone? I remember when he was born (I was a teenager) and we found out we had to wait until he was 5 to find out more about his ears. It felt like an eternity! Then I blinked---and now my boy is 13! What do you say about someone who means so much to you? Gabriel is appropriately named because he was my saving angel. He continues to bless my life each and every day. He is a shining example to me in so many ways. He makes me a better person. I don't know why God entrusted me with such a special spirit. I think it was because He wants me to know how indebted I will be to Him forever. I thank God daily for this gift. I have no doubt that Gabe is meant for great things. I hope I can live up to the challenge of guiding him on his path through life. Today he got a blow gun for his birthday. His dad, Ridge, and Gabe are upstairs right now practicing---
in the house. Heavenly help us. I wonder if I should go point out to them that they are disobeying the mom or if I should just smile because I can hear them laughing. . . . :)

1 comment:

Kyle and Lacey said...

What a stud! He makes 13 look good! Both your boys are just plain dang cool and funny. We love them so much and can't imagine life without them.