Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Raygen turns 8!

Hard as it is for me to believe, Raygen is 8 years old. She counted down her birthday for days and was up before dawn waiting for us to wake up. The second I walked out of my room, she stepped in front of me and smiled. Half asleep I uttered, "Happy Birthday Ray" and she beamed. It was so cute to see her that excited. We went to church and she was thrilled that the primary gave her a pencil. (which she was throwing around and lost on top of some very tall cabinets) Then we headed over to Grandpa Benton's and Grandma Lynda's for dinner, cake, and icecream. I asked Raygen what she wanted for her birthday dinner and she told me frozen pizza. So that is what we had! Lindsey and the kids came up to help us celebrate. (We even got to see Grandma Lynda for about 30 minutes!) I bought her a fairy cake from Stokes and she got to open all her presents. She wasn't feeling very well by then and soon after her last present was opened, she started throwing up. It lasted all night. Gabe too. Not a good way to end a special birthday.
So we loaded up our puking kids and went home to watch a movie. Even with the sickness, any day to celebrate the birth of my little girl is a GREAT day! I am so glad she is a part of our family. I feel blessed each and every day that I have her!

1 comment:

Kyle and Lacey said...

What a CUTE girl! Looks like a fun birthday celebration! (except for the puking) Wish we could have been there to give her a big hug! We love little Raygen so much!!! I can't believe she is 8?!?!