Monday, July 7, 2008

Girl's Camp



Well I have officially survived a week at girl's camp. We went to Aspen Ridge. It is a scout camp up Cub River. It was a lot of fun. The girl's had fun teaching me all sorts of games and I took them on a snipe hunt since I forgot my bear call. We went on a 5 mile hike, rode horses, shot archery and rifles, and stayed up really late each night playing games. It was a lot of work but a blast! I even won the award for best shot at the rifle range. Tyson is very proud. It is good to be home. I love camping but it is good to get home to indoor plumbing and air conditioning. Plus the mosquitoes bit the crap out of me. I used two whole cans of spray and it didn't even slow them down! The kids had fun playing with Aubree and Brianne at Grandpa Benton's house. They have been steadily coming down off of a huge sugar high ever since I got home. I am so blessed to live close to Mom and Dad! I don't know what I would do without them.

2 comments:

Kyle and Lacey said...

Looks like lots of fun! Kyle commented that your face in the target picture is a "Lacey pose." So congratulations for that! :-)

KC & Candice Carden said...

Hey there,
I love your blog! And the girl's camp post brought back lots of memories for me about camp with you back in the day...remember washing our hair in that cold water, and all the braids you did in mine at Bear Lake that year? Sigh...wish we could go back to those days sometimes!