Thursday, November 6, 2008

What I'm Reading Tag---

Well I was "tagged" for a blog game - these are the rules...
Rules:
1. Get the book that's on your nightstand (or whatever you happen to be reading).
2. Open it to page 56 and find the 5th sentence.
3. Post the next couple of sentences on your blog, along with these instructions.
4. Do not go and find your favorite book; it has to be the one you are reading now!
5. Tag five other people to do the same.

OK, this is kind of embarassing. I've read all the "grown-up" books in the house so I have to admit that I am now reading The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. It is part of The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis. Here is the 56th page, 5th sentence, and a few more..."Caspian nodded to Bern and then stood aside. Bern and Drinian took a step forward and each seized one end of the table. They lifted it, and flung it on one side of the hall where it rolled over, scattering a cascade of letters, dossiers, ink-pots, pens, sealing-wax and documents. Then, not roughly but as firmly as if their hands were pincers of steel, they plucked Gumpas out of his chair and deposited him, facing it, about four feet away."
I tag Lacey, Brian, Jeanette, Mom, and Candice. . . .

2 comments:

Kyle and Lacey said...

Well, how lame am I--I am not reading a book right now. My reading time is mostly magazines. The one on my nightstand is the Parents magazine, and P. 65 is an article about Toddler Mood Swings, which I soooo needed to read! haha It had a really interesting study about kids getting wild around their half birthday (i.e. 2 1/2) and then mellowing out more around their birthdays when they can developmentally handle things a little better. That has seemed to be the case with my sweet little nugget! (Who is thankfully starting to mellow out again after a VERY long few months around 2 1/2.)

Eric and Tracey said...

The older girls and I are just starting to read together the first book -Lion Witch and Wardrobe - good choice.