Monday, January 10, 2011

Christmas Recital




The kids survived another piano recital! Raygen played "Rockin' around the Christmas Tree" and Gabe played "I'll Be Home For Christmas". They have been practicing these songs since October so it is good that they will be able to move on to something else now. :) It is fun to watch them gradually progress and start to play songs that I can recognize and sing along with. Now they have a couple weeks off which Gabe is pretty excited about. (Dad too!) I am looking forward to not having to argue with Gabe about his practicing also. But I keep reminding myself that it will all be worth it. And watching them play at the recital is a little glimpse a hope for the future. . .

1 comment:

Lindsey Smith said...

I wish I could have been there to see them. We will have to Skype so that I can hear their songs. They look so nice all dressed up their church clothes. Tell them that U. Brack and A. Linds are proud of them and that yes, their mother is right!!! They will be glad if they stick with the piano. It will help them so much in the future. Also, Gabe may be asked to play the piano on his mission if he goes to an area that doesn't have any members that know how to play. Both my brothers have and were glad they at least had some training. As you know, music was how Brack and I met, so I was glad he stuck with it ;) At least enough to get a wife.... Love you guys.